Creation Care –
Convener Marilyn; Members: Henry Mulder, Lisa Baker, Margie Mason, Dn. Francis
- On-going education and actions to-date:
- Pollinator Gardens
- Elimination of Styrofoam and single-use plastics
- Clean water – Lake Michigan Line 5 and water levels presentation by expert Roger Gauthier where the community was invited
- Letter writing campaigns to local and federal officials re climate change
- Partnering with the Climate Witness Project – a consortium of churches organizing to affirm and promote the scientific consensus that climate change is damaging our world and to work together to be voices for justice and public examples in the effort to live sustainably within our God-given resources and promotion creation care in our own communities.
- Affiliation with Interfaith Action, a regional faith-based community organizing effort with several foci, one of which is environmental stewardship.
- Citizens Climate Lobby As we know from our own John Fulenwider, the Citizen’s Climate Lobby (CCL) is an international grassroots environmental group that exists to create the political will for climate solutions by enabling individual break-throughs in the exercise of personal and political power at the local level. The Holland Chapter is laser focused on the passage of Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation which will drastically reduce emissions, create jobs and support small businesses and families – all without growing government.
Financial Stewardship – Members: Jim Steen, Bobbie Gaunt, Don Olendorf, Valerie Jones, Mary Ryder
This team attends to the inter-weaving of the congregation’s time, talent, and treasure. Believing that the act of giving is an activity that bridges the entire year, we focus on the interrelationship between gratitude and generosity.
- 2020 Stewardship Campaign
- “The Future Is Ours” campaign launched on Sunday, October 13, and concluded on Sunday, November 24.
- The 2021 Stewardship Campaign will begin to organize in early summer.